What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Thursday 1 May 2008

Rep 16: 3:18.8 @ 1:39.4

A good row today. My legs had been tired for most of the day but yet again, as soon as I got on the erg I felt good. Someone on my team forum suggested that at the end of the 40 days I go for a PB and I wanted to get a feel for what 1k pb pace felt like that. I aimed to do the first half of the 1k at 1:34.5 and the second half at a pace that would bring me home at 1:39.3 - my time from yesterday.

The 1:34 pace felt quite easy for the first 100m but it was a relief to slow down at half way. Whether I could keep that pace up for the full 1,000m is debatable, but I suspect that I would be able to give it a shot. I have two rows "in the bank" and if I kept them as rest days who knows.

With a 500m warm up and this strange sort of half and half row my heart rate continued its trend of "coping" with the stresses of 1,000m at 2k pb pace.



I failed to hit the same split as yesterday though. I thought that I had nailed it but it seems that I missed out by 0.1 seconds. I will try to put that right tomorrow.


Metres today: 3,500

No comments: