What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Thursday 15 May 2008

Rep 32: Same day - 3:19.5 @ 1:39.8 - strangely easier

So I am officially mental. Warming down I couldn't bear the thought of one row only at a "slow" pace. I had to try for another rep. This I duly did, and when I have recovered I will no doubt re-type this post. But it was strange, more pain, higher heart rate but mentally easier!

Later: I just felt bad having at least tried to be faster on every other row. Today I was not ready to row. I just did not fancy it. So I did not bother to warm up and just went for it. The first row was long and difficult. I was shattered at the end. But after the row I warmed down pretty hard and during that row I started to feel better and like I could try for another - albeit slowly.

I lowered the drag factor and planned to row at a faster stroke rate. I also wanted to be ahead at half way and then hold on. This is what happened. It hurt like hell, my heart was racing, but mentally I found it a little easier. This must be because I was fully and properly warmed up.

Metres this session: 5,500

No comments: