What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Tuesday 6 May 2008

Rep 21: 3:18.5 @ 1:39.3 - back on it

After two days off I was feeling much better today. My throat was no longer sore and I did not feel lethargic all day. Just as well because I was back at work! My legs were troubling me a little during the day but I felt I could probably try for another rep.

Advice from my friends at Free Spirits helped me make my mind up and I set off for a warm up. Ths warm up felt OK, though the wheel was initially hard to move and I felt naked - I had forgotten the chest strap. Once the strap was on I suddenly felt stronger. What's THAT all about? Half of sport is in the head I reckon. I felt a bit bigger on the warm up. Like I was full of water. Not sure what was going on there either.

Anyway, I did the row with the third rep from Saturday as the pace boat. I was tracking it comfortably when I remembered that this row had me well behind at half way! Erk. Pulled my finger out at that point to keep things even paced. The row turned out fine. The rest offset the illness I suspect and I can't help wondering if the illness was as much a reaction to doing three in one day as it was to do with a virus.

I even managed another video today. Not my greatest creation (too long before the cut to the last few strokes) but not bad for 5 minutes work!



Metres today: 4,000

No comments: