What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Wednesday 7 May 2008

rep 22: 3:18.4 @ 1:39.2 - minor struggle

I felt fine today but just did not want to come out and row this evening. If it was not for the sponsorship I would have stayed indoors. But this is all fora good cause that I believe in so I donned the lycra once more and headed for the garage.

My warm up (all 1,000m of it) was lethargic and I was a little concerned about managing the 1:39.2 pace I wanted to keep the broad downwards progression in my times. The pace boat was my similar piece last Sunday but I wanted to beat that boat.

My 10 stroke hard start now no longer cuts any slack with the pace boat and it was a long slog for home from 900m out. With 400 to go I was way ahead but ran in to trouble in teh run home and was clinging on to the lead by the end.

Mission accomplished, but it was not clever and not pretty. 18 to go. As someone has said, it is all downhill from here. At the very least however I want to get to 43 since that would mean that I had sprinted a marathon (42,195)!

Metres today: 4,000

No comments: