What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Thursday 15 May 2008

Rep 31: Too tired to pull hard - 3:19.6 @ 1:39.8

Just absolutely shattered all day today. I couldn't face going for a faster row so thought I would do a 1:39.9 dead and see what happened to the heart rate (lowest yet) I rated very low, but still struggled with the row with my lungs hurting a lot at the end. I was hoping that the row would get me going and I could do two today but it does not look likely. I think the lack of rest days and the poor warming up/down are taking their toll too. The person who said managing them around my life would be one of the hardest challenges was right. Sitting here after that row I cannot see myself trying for another but I will do a 2.5k warm down at 2:05 and then see how I feel. Stranger things have happened.

Metres so far today: 1,000

No comments: