What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Thursday 8 May 2008

Rep 23: 3:18.2 @ 1:39.1 - warm up grim ,row good

I was really unsure about this one. In the morning at school I felt distinctly dodgy, but this passed through the day and by 7pm I was contemplating doing two. Sense (and the fact I had a headache I could not shake) took hold so I planned for a 1:39.1 to continue the downward trend. As I get more tired I suspect I may try doing two one day and then having a rest day, but that can wait for now.

The row tonight was on RowPro and after last time when I did not realise that no one was coming I checked before hand. Two were registered. Warming up was grim. I felt stiff and my headache began to thump and for the first time in the series of rows I felt that I may handle down. But, this was a RowPro session so I needed to put-up.

Wolfie and badocter were there and it really helped. I had no headache in the race and it was surprisingly comfortable - I went hard for the first 500m and eased back for the second. It helped enormously having the guys along side so a big thank you to them!

So what started badly ended well. I think a long bath tonight is in order again.

Metres today: 5,000

No comments: