What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Sunday 18 May 2008

Rep 35: Fatigue sets in - 3:19.3

Yesterday was a killer. Fantastic, I felt euphoric afterwards, but a killer. It was so good I was wondering whether I was going to fall ill today. I didn't but I did have a 3 mile walk pushing the pushchair up and down country lanes which was tiring. I am built to row not walk.

So, if I am not falling ill I need to plan for a massive 5k on Tuesday. This means a day off tomorrow and as gentle as possible today. I went off as hard as I could (i.e. pretty gently!) got a half length lead on the 1:40 pace boat and stuck to it like glue. It was pretty hard, much harder than a 3:19.3 should be. This was borne out by a final heart rate of 178 - much higher than any first row since the first week, and surely not totally related to my gentle 2k warm up.

So a rest day tomorrow and we'll see what happens on Tuesday night.

Metres today: 5,000

1 comment:

Sam Donoghue said...

Well done Thomas. It's funny you know as I seem to be built to walk not row! Quite the the opposite to you!