What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Wednesday 30 April 2008

Rep 15: 3:18.6 @ 1:39.3

Oops, I was aghast to see the time click over to 1:39.3 average split after the last stroke. If I aim to row the next row "never slower" than the previous one, this makes my life a little more difficult.

I did a good warm up today and then tried to row the whole piece at a rating of 25 or below. Again, I couldn't sustain this beyond 500m and had to shift up to 30 strokes per minute to get home.

I thought I was right on the money for 3:19.4 but to my shock the last stroke took me to 3:19.3! I guess I should aim for that tomorrow but may stick to 3:19.4. We'll see how I feel.

My left thigh is much worse than my right - and the left is the one with the dodgy knee. No idea if they are related.

Metres today: 4,282

No comments: