What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Wednesday 23 April 2008

Rep 6: 3:19.4 @ 1:39.7 - comfortable

It was a blip I think. Much much better today. After feeling woeful all day, with tired, sore legs I felt fantastic on the warm up and knew I would be fine. What a difference a day makes. There's a song there somewhere?

The race was on RowPro with six of us on the virtual race course. The adrenaline was pumping and I had a very responsive fast start. I was so busy watching the race on the monitor the first 200m flew by and I still felt great. I decided to make the most of this and rowed long and strong for the middle 500m. I was rating 26 and pulling 1:40 which was great. With 300m to go I started to concentrate on keeping the split where I wanted it. I was aiming for a 1:39.7 average split and in the end it was comfortable.

Hope they remain like this. I was so shattered today (I am sure that this was influenced by my daughter screaming her head off for an hour or so in the middle of the night), my legs were sore and leaden, and I was planning to factor in a rest day by doing two rows on Saturday morning. I think that this should still be the plan, and I hope that tomorrow is as good as today - then I will feel confident about the rows on Saturday morning. I could have done two today I think with 30mins rest or so between them.

Metres today: 6,075

No comments: