What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Monday 21 April 2008

Rep 4: 3:19.6 @ 1:39.8

Straight after work and on the rower today. Lots and lots of GCSE coursework to mark!

I felt the best on a warm up that I have on any of the rows so far. There have only been 4 of course. I therefore decided to row "long and strong" and consciously lowered the rate. I had a good start and then aimed to pace my row from yesterday. I am toying with the idea of never having a 500m split slower than the previous row, so wanted a 1:38.8. If I have selecteda "too easy" pace at 1:40 (and I don't think I have at the moment) then never going slower will keep me honest.

The row went well. Another one in the bag. I seem to be doing a 2k before and after as warm up and warm down. I don't want to do too much, but I want to get to 5 million lifetime metres before I am 40 too so need about 5,000m a day to manage that.

Metres today: 5,002

No comments: