What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Wednesday 16 April 2008

Getting a little worried...

So, two days off to rest my knee and a long row today.

I did a 10,000m row pretty gently with 500m bursts at 1:40 pace at 1,000, 3,000, 5,000, 7,000 and 9,000m. They got progressively harder and I wasn't sure I could complete the last one. I did it pretty well in the end.

Sometimes I think this random task I have set up for myself is going to be easy, but today I am a little worried. How will I feel if I cannot complete even a week?!

I broached this mad scheme with my form at school today. They seem to be up for helping raise a little money and that would be fabulous.

I have also started up a google spreadsheet to record details of each 1,000m piece. I am interested to see how the times and heart rate change.

Metres today: 10,000

No comments: