What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Sunday 20 April 2008

Rep 3: 3:19.5 @ 1:39.8

I'd had a long rest, 36 hours, before this row. I felt a little tired when I was warming up but I had asked my wife to film this row so the adrenaline was flowing when she said "go".



I was not doing this row as an internet race and my start was therefore much better (I did not lose 1 second before I made the first stroke). The rest of the race was as comfortable as rowing 1,000m at this pace could be. I did not need to strike out for home and did my fastest row yet.

I feel much better in myself than I did after the first one. Wonder how long this will last.

8.5% of my target raised, 7.5% of the rows complete. Wonder how long I will stay ahead?

Metres today: 5,343

2 comments:

jglynn said...

Hello Thomas

What version of Rowpro do you use. Do you use the beta ? .
I haven't been on RP for a number of months so my version is probably out of date .

Best of luck
John

Thomas said...

2.011 NOT the beta. The "gold" copy of 2.011 is flakey enough!