What I am trying to do...

I am aiming to row 1,000m flat out every day for 40 days. If I achieve this I will finish the day before my 40th birthday. I have never rowed for 40 days in a row in my life. You can read more about the challenge on my justgiving page. This blog is a report on how I am getting on day to day. Please donate if you can. Every little helps. Rowers: A generous donation of a C-breeze has been made for the highest donation to the cause...


Saturday 19 April 2008

Rep 2: 3:19.8 @ 1:39.9

This had to be early morning because of family commitments. Only 8 hours after yesterdays, and my legs were aching when I was woken by my sallest daughter screaming "Daddy".

A long warm up then and the race was tough. Again RowPro gave me a very dodgy start despite me concentrating on my response time. I did not get ahead of the 1:40 split until the last 100m and had to "go for home" from 150m out just to make it that comfortable. Funnily enough the same time as yesterday but the PM3 monitor said 1:39.9 overall split (29k RowPro file) today.

So, 36 hours off. I am glad for that.

Metres today: 5,101

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well done. would have tried to join you again but was too early my time (2am). you should post some info about your quest at the Concept2 UK forum site. I think you will attract some company on RowPro (and perhaps some donations). best, ernie